Monday, January 2, 2012

IKEA. OH MY GAWD.

Today I had the wondrous and magical experience of going to IKEA for the first time, and later the heart-wrenching agony of realizing I cannot live in the meticulously decorated showrooms and have to leave. One trip, and I'm hooked - my whole life is going to be different because of this store. I am going to make money so I can have an adorable, organized, colorful apartment decorated entirely in IKEA furniture, then I'm going to marry rich so I can have kids with little mini-IKEA rooms. My plan is flawless!! I came home with a few much-needed things, such as light for my living room since we have not purchased a lamp for it in the five months we've been living here. As for the rest of my life such as preparing for school and working out, it is being put on hold for unrealistic fantasies of ideal home decoration and organizational bliss. However, in putting together a towel rack today, I learned how to use a drill! And I put together a lamp and a desk organizer thingy and some stuff on my wall that involved screws and a hammer...I'm such a handy woman. Definitely set for life with my skills.

2 comments:

  1. The first time I ever visited IKEA was in Germany. It's like the Swiss Army knife of home needs! Did you get a cinnamon roll while you were there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I did :) It was sooooo yummy but then I got icing everywhere haha

    ReplyDelete